Tom Yum shrimp soup is a simple and adaptable recipe you can make with any leftover protein and vegetables you have on hand!
This post was sponsored by Atlantic Superstore, however all views and opinions are my own. I will never endorse anything I don’t use or love!
This post was first published on May 18, 2018 and was last updated March 11, 2020.
Tom Yum Shrimp Soup Is Part Of My Meal Plan
I can’t imagine my life without a meal plan! Meal planning prevents the 4pm scramble of figuring out supper. Meal planning also drastically reduces the amount of food we throw away. I save time, money, and I’m pretty sure my sanity in the process.
Taste The New Next
I’ve partnered with Atlantic Superstore for the Atlantic Superstore 2018 Canadian Food Trends “Taste The New Next“. I’m creating original recipes and sharing my thoughts on each of the year’s trends!
First up is Chef Ned Bell’s Leftovers Revival theme. The whole concept of Leftovers Revival revolves around saving time, saving money, reducing food waste, and creating food that tastes good. As the mom of a toddler, I want all of those things!
Creating An Easy Tom Yum Soup Recipe
I wanted to stick to the trend by using leftovers, however, I also wanted leftovers for us to eat through the week. With leftover cooked shrimp in the fridge, and a drawer full of vegetables, I added PC Tom Yum broth, leftover rice, and fresh cilantro to make a quick Tom Yum shrimp soup. It’s a simple dish, full of flavour, that fits into my meal plan nicely!
Other Easy Soup Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Roasted Garlic Tomato Soup is thick, hearty, and inspired by my time working in one of Halifax’s most popular Italian restaurants.
Easy Minestrone Soup With Chickpeas And Rice (vegan) A simple soup with crushed tomatoes, chickpeas, and broccoli, there are many ways to modify the recipe and make it your own.
Grilled Corn Soup With Bacon A hint of smoky bacon flavour takes this grilled corn soup to the next level.
- ½ cup PC Memories of Argentina Chimichurri Sauce
- 20 cooked shrimp
- 4 cups PC Tom Yum Broth
- ½ pound asparagus, trimmed, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small zucchini, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 ½ cups leftover cooked basmati rice
- Fresh lime, for squeezing
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix PC Memories of Argentina Chimichurri Sauce and leftover cooked shrimp. Set aside to marinate.
- In a medium pot bring PC Tom Yum Broth to a simmer. Add chopped asparagus, chopped zucchini, chopped cherry tomatoes, and leftover cooked rice. Reduce heat, add chimichurri-marinated shrimp. Continue to cook 5 minutes more to heat shrimp. Serve hot with a squeeze of fresh lime and some fresh cilantro.
Swap in any other cooked protein or vegetables you have on hand!
Did you make this recipe? I would love to see how you made out! Let me know on Instagram by tagging me @kellyneildotcom and hashtag it #kellyneildotcom so I can re-share it in my Instagram stories. You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!