This post was sponsored by Canadian Beef, however all views and opinions are my own.
There is nothing like the taste of a classic cheeseburger! I’m talking super thin beef patty, American-style cheese, and a soft white bun. Simple cheeseburgers are one of my favourite things to make for supper.
I made these sheet pan cheeseburger quesadillas in partnership with Canadian Beef. Oven-baked smash burgers, roasted onions and peppers, plus corn tortillas served with condiments like bang bang sauce and guacamole makes it a fun and easy family dinner recipe!
- red pepper
- olive oil
- extra lean ground beef
- salt and pepper
- American cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Have two baking sheets ready.
2. Peel and slice onion thinly. De-seed pepper and slice into thin strips. Toss with olive oil and spread onto the parchment-lined sheet. Place sheet in oven on top rack and cook 10 minutes.
3. While onions and peppers are roasting make burger patties. Divide the beef into four (113 g each) portions. Roll each into a ball. Place a parchment square onto a work surface and top with a ground beef ball. Place another parchment square on top of the ball and press gently with your hand to flatten. Use a heavy bottomed pot, or cast iron skillet to press the burger into the thinnest patty you can.
4. Peel away top layer of parchment and place flattened beef patty, still on parchment square, on the second sheet. Repeat with remaining balls of ground beef. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over the four uncooked patties
5. Move onions and peppers to bottom rack of oven and place the burgers on top rack. Cook beef patties 6 to 8 minutes or until internal temperature of beef is 165ºF (74ºC). Keep an eye on the vegetables and remove from oven if they begin to char.
6. Remove the burgers and vegetables from oven. Top each burger with a cheese slice and place back in oven for 30 seconds to 1 minute for cheese to melt. Remove burgers from oven and set aside.
7. Scoop the onions and peppers into a bowl. Place four of the tortillas on the same baking sheet the vegetables cooked on. Top each tortilla with a burger patty, and cooked onions and peppers. Place a second tortilla on top of each and place back in the oven for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the tortillas begin to toast.
8. Remove the quesadillas from the oven and cut them into wedges. Serve with more onions and peppers if you like, plus your favourite burger and quesadilla condiments. We like burger sauce, pickles, guacamole, and homemade salsa!
More Family Meal Ideas
Did you make these sheet pan cheeseburger quesadillas? Please rate the recipe and tell me how it went in the comments below. Also, stay in touch with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to see more delicious food and recipes!
Sheet Pan Cheeseburger Quesadillas
- 2 Baking sheet(s)
- Parchment paper
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Large bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons or digital kitchen scale
- Oven mitts
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 small red pepper, stem and seeds removed, sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 slices American cheddar, (cheese slices)
- 8 small tortillas, corn or flour
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Have two baking sheets ready and line one with parchment paper. Place the oven racks in each third of the oven.
- Toss the onion and red pepper with the olive oil in a bowl. Spread them onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place the sheet in the oven on the top rack and cook them for 10 minutes.
- While the onions and peppers are roasting make the burger patties. Cut 8 parchment paper squares, about 6-inches (15-cm) in size. Divide the ground beef into four portions (approximately 113g each). Roll each portion of ground beef into a ball. Place a parchment paper square on a work surface and top it with a ball of ground beef. Place another parchment square on top of the beef and press down gently with your hand to flatten the beef slightly. Use a heavy bottomed pot, or cast iron skillet to then press the beef as thin as you can. Peel away the top layer of parchment paper and place the flattened beef patty, still on the bottom parchment square, on the second baking sheet. Repeat the process with the remaining three balls of ground beef. Don’t worry if the patties overlap a bit on the baking sheet, and feel free to trim the parchment paper around each patty if you need. Sprinkle the salt and pepper evenly over the four uncooked burger patties.
- Move the onions and peppers to the bottom rack of the oven and place the burgers on the top rack. Cook the beef patties for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the beef is 165ºF (74ºC). Keep an eye on the vegetables and remove them from the oven if they begin to char.
- once the burger are cooked through, top each burger patty with a cheese slice then place them back in the oven for 30 seconds to 1 minute to let the cheese melt. Remove the burgers from the oven.
- Scoop the onions and peppers back into the bowl in which you mixed them with the oil. Place four of the tortillas on the baking sheet the vegetables were cooked on. Top each tortilla with a burger patty (parchment paper removed), and then cooked onions and peppers. Place a second tortilla on top of each burger and place back in the oven for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the tortillas begin to toast. Remove the quesadillas from the oven and carefully slice them into wedges. Serve with more onions and peppers if you like, plus your favourite burger and quesadilla condiments. I like to serve them with burger sauce, pickles, guacamole, and fresh salsa.