Pad Thai Noodle Pie (makes 12-16 individual pies)
1 package Thai Kitchen Stir-Fry Rice Noodles
1 lb ground beef
1 235mL jar Thai Kitchen Original Pad Thai Sauce
1 lime, juiced
1 C bean sprouts, chopped
1/2 C unsalted peanuts, shelled and chopped
– Preheat oven to 350º
– Cook ground beef in a frying pan over medium heat 8-10 minutes, until no pink remains, stirring occasionally – drain fat and set aside
– Spray the inside of a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray
– Bring a large pot of water to a boil – remove pot from heat and place Thai Kitchen Stir-Fry Rice Noodles in water – let noodles soak 3 minutes – drain and toss with a little canola oil to prevent sticking – arrange noodles into 12 nests inside greased muffin tin
– In a large bowl, whisk eggs, Thai Kitchen Original Pad Thai Sauce, Thai Kitchen Roasted Red Chili Paste, Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce and juice of one lime – stir in chopped bean sprouts, chopped peanuts and cooked ground beef – spoon mixture evenly over rice noodle nests – top up nests with leftover egg mixture to top of nest
– Bake 18-20 minutes or until egg is set – serve warm or cold topped with a twist of lime zest for garnish
One whole jar of Pad Thai sauce gets whisked with eggs, Roasted Red Chili Paste, Fish Sauce, and the juice of one lime.
After everything’s whisked you stir in the bean sprouts, chopped peanuts and cooked ground beef (this pic was taken just before I stirred that stuff in).
Place a small amount of cooked rice noodles into each section of a greased muffin tin,
and, using your fingers, spread out the noodles into little ‘nests’.
Spoon the Pad Thai/ground beef mixture evenly over each nest and then evenly pour in any leftover egg. You can fill the nests right up to the edge with egg mixture.
I made these twice, to test the idea, and both times shared them with friends and THEY LOVED THEM! The pies hold their shape when you take a bite – you can eat them like a cupcake with your hands – and they’re delicious both warm and cold.
***This blog post is sponsored by Thai Kitchen Canada***
To learn more about Thai Kitchen Canada products, please visit www.thaikitchencanada.ca.