Making bacon wrapped shrimp couldn’t be easier! This is a simple summer appetizer with so much flavor and only three ingredients—shrimp, fresh sage leaves, and bacon.
Feel free to substitute pancetta or prosciutto for the bacon if you like—both are equally delicious! Regardless of which you choose, the shrimp come together in minutes, cook quickly on the BBQ, and taste amazing. Best part? No need to turn on the oven when it’s scorching hot outside.
Bacon wrapped shrimp have a lot of flavour on their own, but if you want to make a delicious homemade dip, try this spicy garlic aioli recipe. It’s the perfect balance to the salty bacon and herbaceous sage!
- Sage leaves
- Look for 13-15 or 16-20 shrimp. The numbers indicate how many shrimp per pound, so if you buy 13-15 shrimp there will be 13 to 15 shrimp in one pound. Because bacon and sage have strong, prominent flavours, this recipe works best with larger shrimp.
- Leaving tails on shrimp is a personal preference. I like leaving the tails on because you can use them like a little handle. Feel free to remove the tails and serve with cocktail forks or toothpicks.
Make Air Fryer Shrimp
- Another option is to make this recipe in the air fryer. Once the shrimp are wrapped, lay them out in a single layer in the basket of an air fryer (you may have to cook them in two batches if your air fryer is small). Cook the shrimp at 400ºF (205ºC) for 6 to 8 minutes then check. If the bacon is still floppy, cook for a few minutes longer. The time will depend on the thickness of your bacon and the size of the shrimp. Once the bacon is cooked the shrimp are done. Air fryer bacon wrapped shrimp are terrific in winter when you don’t want to go outside!
More Summer Recipes
Did you make these bacon wrapped shrimp, or any other recipe on my site? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you made out in the comments below. You can also stay in touch with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to see more delicious food and recipes!
Printable Recipe Card
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp With Fresh Sage
- paper towel
- grill or BBQ
- 24 large shrimp, fresh or frozen thawed
- 24 fresh sage leaves
- 12 slices of bacon, sliced in half across the width
- Use paper towel to pat the shrimp as dry as you can on all sides.
- Place one sage leaf lengthwise along the back of one shrimp. Wrap a piece of bacon around the shrimp to hold the sage leaf on. Repeat until all of the shrimp are wrapped in bacon.
- Place the shrimp on a pre-heated grill and cook them until the bacon is crispy. Turn occasionally to prevent scorching. Serve warm with or without dip.