This post was sponsored by Fruits From Chile, however, all views and opinions are my own.
Keeping fresh fruit on hand is non-negotiable in my house! I love that we have access to fresh fruit from Chile throughout the colder months. We are so fortunate to have fresh blueberries, nectarines, peaches, plums, and grapes when the snow flies.
I created this nectarine blueberry crisp recipe for a family member who is both gluten-free and dairy-free. The fruit is thickened with cornstarch; I used plant-based butter, brown rice flour, and gluten-free oats for the crisp buttery topping.
- lemon juice
- 1brown sugar
- brown rice flour
- large flake oats, certified gluten-free
- ground cinnamon
- plant-based butter
Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Have a 8×8-inch square baking dish ready.
In a large bowl gently stir together the blueberries, nectarines, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Pour the fruit into the prepared baking dish.
Mix the brown sugar, brown rice flour, oats, and cinnamon. With your fingertips, rub the vegan butter into the oat and flour mixture until well distributed. Sprinkle the oat mixture evenly over the fruit.
Bake 33 to 35 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbling and the top is golden and crisp. Cool slightly before serving. Serve warm, alone or with vegan ice cream.
More Great Recipes Using Stone Fruit
Did you make this nectarine blueberry crisp, or any other recipe on my site? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you made out in the comments below. You can also stay in touch with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to see more delicious food and recipes!
Nectarine Blueberry Crisp
- 8 or 9-inch (20 or 23-cm) square baking dish
- Measuring cups and spoons or digital kitchen scale
- Large mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula or wooden spoon
- Small-medium mixing bowl
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups nectarines, sliced, skin on
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup large flake oats, gluten-free certified
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- ½ cup coconut oil, solid
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Have a 8 or 9-inch (20 or 23-cm) square baking dish ready.
- In a large bowl, gently stir together the blueberries, nectarines, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In another smaller bowl, stir together the brown sugar, brown rice flour, oats, and cinnamon until well combined. Using your fingertips, rub the solid coconut oil into the mixture until well distributed. The mixture should be quite clumpy.
- Give the fruit a final stir and then pour it into the square baking dish. Evenly scatter the oat topping over the fruit.
- Place the baking dish into the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbling and the top is golden and crisp. Remove the dish from the oven and cool on a wire rack for about 20 minutes before serving warm, alone or topped with dairy-free ice cream.