Lemon Curd Puff Pastry
This lemon curd puff pastry recipe is perfect for beginners or to make with children. The pastries are light, filled with tangy lemon, and taste as good as any bakery!
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¾ cup microwave lemon curd, approximately 12 tablespoons
- ½ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (205ºC) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour a work surface and unroll one sheet of puff pastry. Brush the sheet all over with ½ of the melted butter. Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to gently slice the sheet down its length into six long strips, about ½-inch (1 ¼-cm) wide. Repeat with the second sheet of pastry.
- Holding a strip at both ends, gently twist the pastry until the strip is twisted from one end to the other. Form the twist into a circle shape, then press the ends of the pastry together to secure. Place the twisted pastry circle onto one of the prepared baking sheets and repeat with the remaining 11 pastry strips.
- Once all 12 of the pastry strips have been twisted into circles add the lemon curd. Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon of lemon curd into the middle of each pastry circle.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden. Cool the baking sheets on wire racks for at least 15 minutes before serving as the lemon filling will be hot.
- Once cool, mix together the sifted powdered sugar and lemon juice to make a glaze. Drizzle the glaze over the twisted pastry, avoiding the lemon curd, before serving.
If you have time, thaw the puff pastry in the fridge rather than on the counter to prevent stickiness. If you can’t find puff pastry sheets just use a block and roll it out with a rolling pin. Use store-bought lemon curd if you want to. You don’t have to glaze the puff pastry after baking. Other options are to sprinkle the pastry with a bit of coarse sugar before baking, or to dust with powdered sugar once baked and cooled.
Serving: 57gCalories: 312kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 3gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 162mgPotassium: 26mgFiber: 1gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 59IUVitamin C: 0.3mgCalcium: 5mgIron: 1mg