Atlantic Superstore sponsored this post, however, all views and opinions are my own.
Bread pudding is a go-to recipe in our house—I like to switch out the fruit based on what’s in season. Strawberry rhubarb bread pudding is a no-brainer in late spring and early summer.
- Sourdough bread
- Ground cinnamon
- Melted butter
- Maple syrup
- Lemon juice
More Rhubarb Recipes
Did you make this strawberry rhubarb bread pudding, or any other recipe on my site? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you made out in the comments below. You can also stay in touch with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to see more delicious food and recipes!
Strawberry Rhubarb Bread Pudding
- 9×13 (23×33-cm) oven-safe baking dish
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons or digital kitchen scale
- Liquid measuring cup
- Medium mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula or wooden spoon
- 8 cups sourdough bread, torn into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1 cup butter, melted, plus extra for greasing pan
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped into ½-inch (1 ¼-cm) pieces
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed if possible
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Lightly grease a 9×13-inch (23×33-cm) oven-safe baking dish with melted butter. Set aside.
- Toss the torn sourdough bread, sugar, and cinnamon together in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the bread with the melted butter. Stir everything together until all of the bread is evenly coated with butter and the sugar and cinnamon are well-distributed. Set aside.
- In a second, separate bowl, stir together the strawberries, rhubarb, maple syrup, and lemon juice. Stir everything together until well combined.
- Spread one half of the strawberry-rhubarb mixture evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top the fruit with all of the butter-soaked bread, making one even layer. Scatter the remaining fruit evenly over the top of the bread. Place the dish in the oven to bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the bread is lightly browned and the rhubarb is soft. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.